Sorcero, the leader in Language Intelligence, the next generation of deep learning powered Natural Language Understanding, is immediately hiring DevOps Engineers to join the engineering team. Sorcero has been selected by Business Insider as one of the 81 startups expected to boom in 2021. This is an opportunity to engage with high-profile enterprise customers to create something genuinely new and significant.
Why Join Sorcero?
We are making serious strides towards transforming decision-making for key technical industries, like Life Sciences, Healthcare, Insurance, and Engineering, that power the world and you would be a critical part of our success. We have incredible insights into markets and how to build technology that is powerful and differentiated. All while solving huge challenges in people’s lives and health that were previously intractable to prior generations of technology. You will help us move even faster.
- You’ll join a team of brilliant, passionate people working collaboratively to build a sustainable, scalable organization committed to using language understanding to create a better world.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical & business challenges.
- You’ll actively work to transform an established approach to work and learning with groundbreaking, bleeding edge technology.
- You are in the pursuit of mastery and excellence, and are seeking a space and people who share your obsession
We are looking for seasoned DevOps engineers with experience setting up CI/CD pipelines, configuration and infrastructure as code, Google Cloud scalable deployments and observability solutions, (AWS, Azure, Oracle cloud knowledge or interest a plus).
Our app stack: HTML/CSS, Vue.js, Python, Machine Learning, Data Science, MLOps, Elastic Search, Redis, various Graph databases, Cloud Storage, Cloud DataFlow, Cloud Composer, K8, Cloud Run, KNative, API Gateway, ISTIO/Ambassador..
Role & responsibilities
- Collaborate with the VP Eng. on the overall DevOps strategy for B2B SaaS applications and API functionality delivery and break down of the tasks into manageable and achievable deliverables.
- Expand the CI/CD framework to include all active projects across multiple environments.
- Ability to containerize an application and build a process around creating containers and pushing them to an artifact repository.
- Develop and automate infrastructure as code with terraform scripts.
- Automate cross cloud infrastructure provisioning and deployment (starting with GCP).
- Implement monitoring, alerts and metrics for applications and infrastructure logs.
- Mentor other DevOps engineer(s) on best practices.
- Understand our products from a customer and the software form an engineering perspective
- Own assignments from proof-of-concept to design, architecture, code delivery, and deployment.
- Must have:
- Knowledge of programming/scripting languages python, bash (make files, go, js a plus).
- Familiar with different flavors of Linux and networking concepts.
- Experience with Git and Jenkins on K8, Groovy, Jenkins-operator, Jenkins File.
- Experience with GCP (AWS, Azure, OCI a plus).
- Docker and Google Container Registry (ECR a plus)
- Deep understanding of modern Kubernetes, KNative, Cloud Run (AWS EKS a plus).
- Experience with infrastructure as code Terraform, (Terragrunt a plus).
- Understand side-car/service-mesh deployments in GCP Envoy/Istio/Glue/Ambassador.
- Good to have:
- A background with Helm and helmfile, GKE, K8
- Familiar with scaling GraphQL and REST Web Services, Lambdas, API Gateways.
- GCP Deployment-Manager, (Cloudformation a plus).
- Logging and monitoring stacks (Grafana a plus).
- Able to install, scale and maintain vm or service: Redis, ElasticSearch, SOLR, SQL and Graph DBs.
- BSc Computer Science or related fields from a top tier university
- 3+ years of cloud experience and cloud-based technologies
- Self-starter who can be productive from the first day
- Motivated and driven to continuously improve and learn by trying new tools, processes, or methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Understanding is the key to intelligence. With this principle at heart, we leverage Language Intelligence to give our customers fluid and fluent access to and control over the inherent complexities of their businesses. At Sorcero, we believe in augmenting human beings, not replacing them. Our platform gently directs users towards the right answer, and always supports human experts.
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.