Sorcero's mission is to drive digital transformation of content-driven decision making in insurance, life sciences and other STEM industries with our unique Language Intelligence Platform. Our platform's core technology delivers unparalleled domain-tuned AI capabilities, utilizing layered ontologies to understand medical and scientific language as it is used within a specific industry, enterprise, or workflow.
Sorcero augments technical experts who work in underwriting, engineering, reviewing claims, handling customer requests, updating policies, tracking medical guidelines, and other key functions. With the Language Intelligence Platform, enterprises are empowered to derive maximum value from mission critical documents and other unstructured content.
Our applications work together across an organization through transfer learning and content enrichment. By providing a central intelligence hub for technical content and expertise-driven workflows, the Sorcero Language Intelligence Platform is enabling the next generation of digital transformation for smart, connected enterprises.
Sorcero is seeking a seasoned VP of Sales to join our growing team! The VP, Sales will be responsible for acquiring and retaining customers for our Language Intelligence platform, creating a comprehensive go-to-market strategy to help develop the market for the new service, and identify early adopters to work with who can help influence the direction, feature set, and pricing of the product. If you have a passion for learning, and want to join a rapidly scaling company, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The VP, Sales reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and is responsible for:
- Work with the CEO and the executive team to develop a repeatable, scalable commercial plan.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Recruit, lead and empower a world-class Sales team, helping folks to develop their passions and careers along the way.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities by setting and maintaining customer expectations and contributing to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Define and develop sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the Sales team
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
Requirements & Qualifications
- Executive level of sales and business development experience in the enterprise software industry
- Led a sales team as they achieved $10mm ARR, and ultimately the $100mm, with an enterprise SaaS platform or software infrastructure products.
- Clear ability to work collegially and collaboratively with executives and rising leaders across all major functions of a high-growth software startup
- Experience developing and implementing a repeatable sales model from the earliest stages.
- Lead by example and empower others through effective delegation and coaching
- Can embrace a start-up mentality with a bias toward action and not afraid to get hands dirty, yet knows when and when not to jump in
- Enjoys working with a diverse and inquisitive team
- Ideally experience with products in relevant areas including: AI/ML and natural language understanding, cognitive search and automatic organization, low-code application development environments, and vertical solutions in life sciences, insurance, and knowledge networks.
Why Join Sorcero?
- You’ll join a team of brilliant, passionate people working collaboratively to build a sustainable, scalable organization committed to using understanding to create a better world.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical & business challenges.
- You’ll actively work to transform an established approach to work and learning with groundbreaking, bleeding edge technology.
- You are in the pursuit of mastery and excellence, and are seeking a space and people who share your obsession.
- Unlimited Leave (PTO)
- Competitive Salary + Options
- Three months parental leave
- Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life, and Disability Benefits
- HSA, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates. As a minority majority company, we believe that diversity, in all its forms, is a strength.