Sorcero, the leader in Language Intelligence, the next-generation of deep learning powered Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Understanding, is immediately hiring a dynamic Sales Engineer to join our global sales and marketing organization. Selected by Business Insider as one of the 81 startups expected to boom in 2021, at Sorcero you will function in a key role across our commercial team working directly with company leadership and industry leaders.
Why Join Sorcero?
We are making serious strides towards transforming decision-making for key technical industries, like Life Sciences, Healthcare, Insurance, and Engineering, that power the world and you would be a critical part of our success. We have incredible insights into markets and how to build technology that is powerful and differentiated. All while solving huge challenges in people’s lives and health that were previously intractable to prior generations of technology. You will help us move even faster.
- You’ll join a team of brilliant, passionate people working collaboratively to build a sustainable, scalable organization committed to using understanding to create a better world.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical & business challenges.
- You’ll actively work to transform an established approach to work and learning with groundbreaking, bleeding edge technology.
- You are in the pursuit of mastery and excellence, and are seeking a space and people who share your obsession
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join Sorcero’s rapidly growing team. The Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. It is a sales engineer’s responsibility to explain the technical and functional aspects of a product or service to users and bridge the gap between sales, marketing, product development, engineering and customer success teams.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for:
- Identifying customer needs and engineering adaptations of products and services
- Provides product, technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests primarily in support of sales and customer support activities
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating Sorcero solutions to illustrate cost reductions, operations improvements and other measurable value against defined use cases
- Lead product and technical demonstrations as they pertain to direct and partner led sales activities and will be responsible for illustrating broad set of features, solutions and outputs based on a wide range of potential customer use cases
- Overseeing preparation for Customized Demo’s including gathering of specifications and development of any unique demonstrations or capabilities
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends
- Engages directly with prospective and existing customers alongside sales managers and customer success team personnel
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives
- Contributes to team effort by working cross-functionally across departments to accomplish related results as needed
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Engineering, Sales, Marketing or Business Administration preferred
- 3 to 5 years of related technical industry Sales Engineering or highly related experience
- Strong combination of product understanding, technical, communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills
- Good leadership and team working skills
- Understanding of or experience with Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Insurance or other related Life Sciences or STEM industry is a strong advantage but not critical
- Experience with technically advanced, developing SaaS solutions considered a strong benefit
- Self-starter with a team-oriented work style
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity / deal with changing priorities
- Competitive compensation package, including equity in a fast growing startup
- Unlimited PTO policy (that we actually want you to use)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
- Being a part of a supportive team
Understanding is the key to intelligence. With this principle at heart, we leverage Language Intelligence to give our customers fluid and fluent access to and control over the inherent complexities of their businesses. At Sorcero, we believe in augmenting human beings, not replacing them. Our platform gently directs users towards the right answer, and always supports human experts.
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.