Sorcero, the leader in Language Intelligence, is immediately hiring Data Engineers to join our engineering teams. Sorcero has been selected by Business Insider as one of the 81 startups expected to boom in 2021. This is an opportunity to engage high-profile enterprise customers and create something genuinely new and significant.
Why Join Sorcero?
We are making serious strides towards transforming decision-making for key technical industries, like Life Sciences, Healthcare, Insurance, and Engineering, that power the world and you would be a critical part of our success. We have incredible insights into markets and how to build technology that is powerful and differentiated. All while solving huge challenges in people’s lives and health that were previously intractable to prior generations of technology. You will help us to move even faster.
- You’ll join a team of brilliant, passionate people working collaboratively to build a sustainable, scalable organization committed to using language understanding to create a better world.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical & business challenges.
- You’ll actively work to transform an established approach to work and learning with groundbreaking, bleeding edge technology.
- You are in the pursuit of mastery and excellence, and are seeking a space where people share your obsession.
We are looking for seasoned Data engineers experienced with orchestration of data and ML pipeline workflows and writing batch and stream data processing pipelines for: ingestion, ETL, and analytics.
Our app stack: HTML/CSS, Vue.js, Python, Machine Learning, data science, MLOps, Elasticsearch, Redis, various Graph databases, Cloud Storage, Cloud Composer, Cloud DataFlow, TensorFlow Extended, Vertex.
Role & responsibilities
- Collaborate with the VP Eng. on the overall data strategy for our B2B SaaS applications and API functionality delivery, breaking down tasks into manageable and achievable deliverables;
- Work cross-functionally with AI scientists, backend engineers, devops and product managers to design and implement new data models for our product line;
- Expand our current data-processing framework to include all active projects across multiple environments;
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis;
- Mentor other data engineers on best practices;
- Understand our products from a customer perspective and the software from an engineering perspective;
- Own assignments from proof-of-concept to design, architecture, code delivery, and deployment.
- Must have:
- Strong programming skills in Python (other programming languages are a plus);
- Experience working with Google Cloud Composer (Airflow) (other workflow orchestration tools a plus);
- Experience with Google Cloud DataFlow or Apache Beam and its runners (knowing how things work under the hood is a plus);
- Experience with Elasticsearch and PostGres and an interest in learning Graph databases (Neo4j and DGraph);
- Experience with DataLakes, Google Cloud Storage (S3, Delta lake a plus).
- Good to have:
- Familiar with dashboard technologies (Looker, Ploty, Tableau, Grafana, ELK, etc.);
- Familiar with scaling (Redis, SQL, Elasticsearch, PostGres, Graph Dbs, Kafka, etc.);
- Knowledge of data warehousing and ETL concepts;
- Familiar with AWS equivalent tech stack: Glue, EMR, Data Pipelines;
- Data security, sub-second latency, Machine Learning and NLP experience.
- BSc Computer Science or related fields from a top-tier university;
- 3+ years experience building batch and stream data processing systems from whiteboard to production;
- Self-starter who can be productive from the first day;
- Adaptable. Goals can change fast. You anticipate and react quickly;
- Autonomous. You own what you work on. You move fast and get things done;
- Excellent communication. You will need to communicate complex ideas effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, and both verbally and in writing;
- Collaborative. You must work collaboratively in a cross-functional team and with people at all levels of the organization to integrate your work into our production systems;
- Industry experience in building and productionizing innovative end-to-end NLP Machine Learning systems is a plus.
We offer a generous compensation package: competitive salary + stock options, medical, dental and vision insurance, 4 weeks vacation + 1 for Christmas, 401k with 5% match starting in Q4 2021.
Understanding is the key to intelligence. With this principle at heart, we leverage Language Intelligence to give our customers fluid and fluent access to and control over the inherent complexities of their businesses. At Sorcero, we believe in augmenting human beings, not replacing them. Our platform gently directs users towards the right answer, and always supports human experts.
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.