Senior QA Automation Engineer
Sorcero, the leader in Language Intelligence, the next-generation of deep learning powered Natural Language Understanding, is immediately hiring a QA Automation Engineer to join the engineering team. Sorcero has been selected by Business Insider as one of the 81 startups expected to boom in 2021, this is an opportunity to engage with high-profile enterprise customers to create something genuinely new and significant.
Why Join Sorcero?
We are making serious strides towards transforming decision-making for key technical industries, like Life Sciences, Healthcare, Insurance, and Engineering, that power the world and you would be a critical part of our success. We have incredible insights into markets and how to build technology that is powerful and differentiated. All while solving huge challenges in people’s lives and health that were previously intractable to prior generations of technology. You will help us move even faster.
- You’ll join a team of brilliant, passionate people working collaboratively to build a sustainable, scalable organization committed to using understanding to create a better world.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical & business challenges.
- You’ll actively work to transform an established approach to work and learning with groundbreaking, bleeding edge technology.
- You are in the pursuit of mastery and excellence, and are seeking a space and people who share your obsession
We are looking for seasoned automation engineers with strong programming skills and experience building testing frameworks. The successful candidates will utilize their programming and domain knowledge expertise to establish a world class QA Automation framework and automate tests that assess the performance of our backend AI APIs, and platform APIs & Applications within a Continuous Integration (CI) framework.
Role & responsibilities
- Collaborate with the VP Eng. on the overall test automation strategy and break down the tasks into manageable and achievable deliverables
- Design, develop, and optimize a robust & scalable test automation framework on a cloud test infrastructure within a CI framework
- Develop robust unit, integration, and end-to-end test scripts that execute quickly
- Mentor other automation engineer(s) on coding and test automation best practices
- Be attached at the hip with the Product and Engineering teams in order to understand the product from a customer and the software form an engineering perspective
- Be alerted of breaking changes to the automation framework
- Communicate detailed bug information back to development and document all relevant and pertinent knowledge within well structured test cases
- Adhere to the QA & Engineering workflows and processes
- Expand the CI framework to cover all non-functional requirements
- Experience with designing and developing automation frameworks on cloud infrastructure that were robust and scaled easily
- Experience with developing & executing fast and non-flaky test scripts that are easily reusable and maintainable (mocks, stubs)
- Experience with modern automation frameworks approaches such as Watir, Cucumber, Jest, Integration Testing Libraries for Vue.js
- Experience with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong programming knowledge
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Load/Performance Tools, and API testing tools a plus
- Familiar with GraphQL and REST Web Services
- BS Computer Science or related fields from a top tier university
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Self starter who can be productive from the first day
- Motivated and driven to continuously improve and learn by trying new test automation tools, processes, or methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of humor, and calm under pressure
You will work in a collaborative environment together with other talented engineers but also must have the ability to work independently on complex problems. We would expect you to be able to own assignments from proof-of-concept to design, architecture, code delivery, and deployment.
Understanding is the key to intelligence. With this principle at heart, we leverage Language Intelligence to give our customers fluid and fluent access to and control over the inherent complexities of their businesses. At Sorcero, we believe in augmenting human beings, not replacing them. Our platform gently directs users towards the right answer, and always supports human experts.
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.