Understanding is the key to intelligence. With this principle at heart, we leverage Language Intelligence to give our customers fluid and fluent access to and control over the inherent complexities of their businesses.
Our proprietary platform enables our customers to configure, deploy and manage intelligent applications based on understanding technical content, and rules and regulations that govern their domains.
Today we support the delivery of medical science to take new drugs to market, enable the nation's largest training body supporting electricians and journeymen to improve competency and help address medical overbilling so patients can have a better customer experience. As an intrinsic impact company, every single one of our applications have been hand picked to maximize for impact and for scale.
At Sorcero, we believe in augmenting human beings, not replacing them. Our platform gently directs users towards the right answer, and always supports human experts. Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager (PM) who will be responsible for managing programs or projects involving cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of technologies, features, and services. The PM will monitor the product/program/project from initiation through delivery. Including organizing interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the product/program/project on schedule and within constraints of quality, schedule, and features. This position requires an energetic, experienced self-starter with a history of successful major programs or projects and increasing levels of responsibility. This role is a great fit for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, and who is sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and works to build consensus around a clear vision. The position requires engagement with all levels within the business as a facilitator and champion; to plan, organize, track and communicate. Ideal candidate has proven ability to develop detailed plans for complex projects that involve challenging requirements, multiple office locations and hard deadlines as well as deep understanding of project management principles. Experience with incremental development methodologies such as Agile and Scrum preferred.
The Program Manager reports to the VP of Product and has the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with software engineering teams, product managers, user experience designers, marketing managers, and with internal product stakeholders across the company
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand and improve product capabilities
- Coordinate all areas of the business in preparation for the release of new features, products, or services.
- Understand and assess critical paths and dependencies for delivering applications and services
- Facilitate discussions between project teams, product management and engineering
- Establish key milestones and drive progress to accomplish milestones in a timely manner
- Understand and coordinate sequencing of projects to accomplish progress
- Aggregate, organize, and synthesize program and project information in order to communicate with extended team and management
- Define and own the business metrics and KPIs for our products and services
- Prepares and presents milestone reviews to upper level management with input from project teams
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3 years or more experience in managing software delivery projects managing multiple large, multi-disciplinary cross-functional projects
- Planning and managing overall schedule(s), priorities, issues, dependencies, communication with key clients and project stakeholders, risk management, and the drive necessary to move the project towards successful completion
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple / competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot, and describe complex technical processes and issues
- Excellent business judgment and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
- Experience of building large scale of tech products/program
- Leadership role in a team providing day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
- The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across cross-matrix organization
- Candidates must possess the ability to build an excellent rapport with internal constituents; other program managers, product managers; engineers and technologists with a variety of personalities and styles.
- Proven experience managing complex projects to successful completion including the ability to navigate complex environments and work with interdisciplinary teams and effectively communicate priorities, delivery expectations, risks and concerns to senior management
- Candidates must be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and requirements, including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to be extremely detail oriented and to use analysis to drive decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication and persuasion skills
- Strong organizational and team building skills
- Ability to troubleshoot existing process systems to achieve increased production and energy efficiency
- The ability to thrive in a high-energy environment
- DMAIC or Lean Six Sigma certified is a plus, but not required
- Competitive compensation package in a fast growing startup
- Unlimited PTO policy (that we actually want you to use)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
- Being a part of a supportive team
Why Join Sorcero?
- You’ll join a team of brilliant, passionate people working collaboratively to build a sustainable, scalable organization committed to using understanding to create a better world.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical & business challenges.
- You’ll actively work to transform an established approach to work and learning with groundbreaking, bleeding edge technology.
- You are in the pursuit of mastery and excellence, and are seeking a space and people who share your obsession
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.