Understanding is the key to intelligence. With this principle at heart, we leverage Language Intelligence to give our customers fluid and fluent access to and control over the inherent complexities of their businesses.
Our proprietary DragonDrop platform enables our customers to configure, deploy and manage intelligent applications based on understanding technical content, and rules and regulations that govern their domains.
Today we support the delivery of medical science to take new drugs to market, enable the nation's largest training body supporting electricians and journeymen to improve competency and help address medical overbilling so patients can have a better customer experience. As an intrinsic impact company, every single one of our applications have been hand picked to maximize for impact and for scale.
At Sorcero, we believe in augmenting human beings, not replacing them. Our platform gently directs users towards the right answer, and always supports human experts. Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
We are looking for a Finance & Operations Associate to join Sorcero as we rapidly scale our team. The associate will help manage our Finance, HR, and Recruiting functions, as well as support the broader Finance & Operations team. This job will entail wearing multiple hats and being comfortable with context switching between multiple functions while helping to define and implement processes and policies at the company. The Associate will work closely with the VP of Finance & Operations and have many opportunities to grow within the company.
The Finance & Operations Associate reports to the VP of Finance & Operations and is responsible for
- Managing our accounts payable and accounts receivable process, including preparing invoices for customers and payments for vendors
- Managing the end-to-end recruiting process, from initial candidate outreach to preparing offer letters
- Scheduling interviews with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Responding to candidates in a timely manner about their application status
- Managing and inputting contacts into our Applicant Tracking System (Breezy)
- Proactively and independently handling day-to-day operational matters such as preparing meeting materials and presentations
- Managing our payroll and benefits platform
- Identifying areas of improvement and streamlining processes and administrative procedures
- Maintaining up-to-date reporting and a summary of administrative activities.
- Conducting other relevant administrative tasks as needed
- Overseeing the virtual office environment, including job postings, HR/IT software, and conversational spaces
- Managing basic external communications
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in administrative roles or highly-related work experience
- Experience in managing schedules across global time zones
- Experience with HRIS, hiring platforms, and candidate tracking systems
- Experience managing invoices to customers and payments to vendors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets); experience in basic automation tools a plus
- Proven ability to use discretion, maintain confidentiality and make sound judgments
- Ability to work under time constraints and be available as needed
- Highly effective interpersonal skills to build consensus and cooperation
- Detail-oriented, particularly while operating under tight timelines
- Flexibility, approachability and a sense of humor whether working independently or as a part of a team
- Position is located in Washington, DC, but will be work from home during the pandemic
- Competitive compensation package, including equity in a fast growing startup
- Unlimited PTO policy (that we actually want you to use)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
- Being a part of a supportive team
Why Join Sorcero?
- You’ll join a team of brilliant, passionate people working collaboratively to build a sustainable, scalable organization committed to using understanding to create a better world.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical & business challenges.
- You’ll actively work to transform an established approach to work and learning with groundbreaking, bleeding edge technology.
- You are in the pursuit of mastery and excellence, and are seeking a space and people who share your obsession
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.