Director of Product
Understanding is the key to intelligence. With this principle at heart, we leverage Language Intelligence to give our customers fluid and fluent access to and control over the inherent complexities of their businesses.
Our proprietary platform enables our customers to configure, deploy and manage intelligent applications based on understanding technical content, and rules and regulations that govern their domains.
Today we support the delivery of medical science to take new drugs to market, enable the nation's largest training body supporting electricians and journeymen to improve competency, and help address medical overbilling so patients can have a better customer experience. As an intrinsic impact company, every single one of our applications has been hand-picked to maximize impact and for scale.
At Sorcero, we believe in augmenting human beings, not replacing them. Our platform gently directs users towards the right answer, and always supports human experts. Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone.
We are looking for a Product Director who will be responsible for driving the definition, development, and assessing the feedback of our platform. To be successful in this role, you will need an inclination to look under the hood of any system, an obsessive focus on customer feedback and pain points, high attention to detail, and a passion to build. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners including Scientists, Engineers, Marketing, Product Managers, and more, using Business Requirement Documents, user stories, technical reviews as well as quantitative and qualitative data to align stakeholders from both our team and other teams toward solutions that materially affect the way of doing business. You will insist on the highest standards for your users and think big while driving prioritization. In addition, you will also establish success metrics for the product performance and maintain tracking mechanisms for those metrics. Finally, you will need to understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate these to both technical and non-technical partner teams to drive resolution.
The Product Director reports to the VP of Product and would be responsible for:
- Understanding industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitor offerings and align product roadmap for differentiation and market leadership.
- Working with key stakeholders to understand use-cases and requirements and translate these into Features, Epics & User Stories.
- Developing, publishing, and maintaining the Product Roadmap in collaboration and consultation with key functional primes across the company.
- Partnering closely with the Engineering, AI, and Design teams to ensure that requirements are clear, understood and prioritized, and are developed, tested, and delivered in time for launch milestones.
- Having a hands-on approach and a willingness and aptitude to work from strategic product direction right through to detailed requirements definition.
- Providing market insight, account prospective, and product expertise throughout all phases of the product life cycle
- Be the go-to person between the customer and the AI team to provide relevant requirements, understand the deep learning models and ontologies, explain relevant AI solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the AI team to make effective decisions related to Deep Learning models utilized as well as the level of tuning needed to generate effective solutions for customers.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Experience in Life Sciences or Healthcare industry is a must
- Direct ownership of a product that uses Artificial Intelligence (especially NLP) or Machine Learning is highly preferred
- Strong background in requirements definitions, translating customer needs, market trends, strategic imperatives into business requirement documents and functional requirement specifications
- Proven track record of delivering innovative software solutions to market
- More than five years of experience leading SaaS Product(s) – negotiation, driving alignment, gathering requirements, prioritization, feature creation, road mapping, and launch
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets); experience in basic automation tools a plus
- Proven ability to use discretion, maintain confidentiality and make sound judgments
- Highly effective interpersonal skills to build consensus and cooperation
- Detail-oriented, particularly while operating under tight timelines
- The position is located in Washington, DC, or other Northeast cities.
- Competitive compensation package in a fast-growing startup
- Unlimited PTO policy (that we actually want you to use)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
- Being a part of a supportive team
Why Join Sorcero?
- You’ll join a team of brilliant, passionate people working collaboratively to build a sustainable, scalable organization committed to using understanding to create a better world.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical & business challenges.
- You’ll actively work to transform an established approach to work and learning with groundbreaking, bleeding-edge technology.
- You are in the pursuit of mastery and excellence and are seeking space and people who share your obsession
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.